Our groomer is in the hospital fighting cancer. So, we decided to give grooming a try ourselves. Seems easy enough. Brush dog, shampoo dog, dry dog, shave dog. Hmm. Brushing our dog is like trying to brush a matted afro, so that is out. Don't want to have a wet matted dog so shampooing and drying are out. Great! Straight to shaving. We have eliminated many unnecessary steps. Hm, why does the shaver keep getting stuck...guess I'll just go straight to scissors. Gee, this is tougher than I thought and a much bigger mess than I had anticipated. I'm going to need Jay's help...
Here are the before and after pictures.



As you can clearly see, our dog isn't as huge as she seems. Ha ha ha! I am not sure why I started with a leg instead of her body. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Maybe doggie haircuts will be okay after all. We are thinking about putting steps on her ears. Maybe do a spoof on Kid N Play...the possibilities are endless. She will only look like a peg-leg for one day. Jay and I have a "lets finish shaving our dog date" at 5:00 this afternoon.
3 comments:
i like the peg leg look. it's hilarious!!
why I decided to read this DURING class I do not know.. but I am pretty sure I just laughed out loud, why is everyone looking at me?
Yes! This is great. After you told me about the groomer brushing Mika for 3 hours I could have only guessed that it would be a challenge. Happy trimming!
Post a Comment