Monday, March 26, 2007

U-hauls and BBQ's

We haven't looked back since driving East. I thought that we had a lot of stuff since we had to rent a U-haul, but I was corrected. Some of the folks that I work with told me that they would give anything to go back to the days when moving meant just renting a U-haul. In a matter of a few weeks we have managed to unpack most of our boxes, lose two feet of snow and sample most of the fried food options in the fifteen minute vicinity.

It would take a bubba-ean effort to list all the fried food options in the restaurants in the northwoods, but I don't want to waste the web space. When Drew(my boss) and I were in Madison, he made the comment that he didn't care where we ate, just that he would like "tasty food that isn't fried" because that doesn't exist up here. I like fried food as much as the next guy, but sometimes it doesn't seem necessary to fry pizza.


In an attempt to eat something not fried, we hosted what may be the first block party ever on our street. We had plans for dancing black bears, tricycle riders, ferris wheels, gravitrons, but after much neighborhood debate decided to keep it simple for the first rendition. It was nice that everyone on the street was able to attend. Brooke, Brandt and I (everyone) started off our block party by walking to the Post Office and getting our mail. We proceeded to have a nice little BBQ in the "I can't believe it is this nice in March" weather.




Brandt was nice enough to arrange to have the street barricaded off. You might be asking yourself why we would need to have it blocked off at all?



Well, you never know who might try to drive through. Even though they don't live on the block, we let Drew and Kristi join us as they were former residents of the street.

It was unseasonably warm again today. 72 degrees and sunny. I was lucky enough to clean the outside windows and we were called to an emergency BBQ at Drew and Kristi's house.

No comments: