Friday, February 02, 2007

Living in a one street town

I(JAY) recently accepted a full-time position as the Wilderness Program Director at Camp Manito-wish. I will be in charge of all wilderness trips from overnight to the extended 55 day trips. Camp Manito-wish is located in Boulder Junction, WI (Musky Capital of the World) a town of about 900 people. There are only two real streets and they T one another. We are moving at the end of February and I will start March 1. Part of the deal is that we get to live in a cabin on camp property. It will be fun to have a little cabin complete with the wood burning stove with just a short walk to the lake.

We have been talking about getting a puppy. It looks like it will happen either this spring or this coming fall. I'm leaning towards a lab or retriever and Brooke is looking at spaniels.

This is pretty different from my vision of attending law school in the fall, but sometimes life takes you down different paths. We don't have it all figured out, but we are excited about figuring it out.

2 comments:

Don said...

As long as we get to re-enact Deliverance, FORGET LAW SCHOOL.

Anonymous said...

I think you should get a standard poodle. Aunt Alice