I had a great day planned. Wake up, eat breakfast, go to Lewis and Clark Caverns, go for a hike, and end with seeing Pirates of the Carribean 2 with my friend Meghan. As I was heading out to my car I ran into my landlord. He inquired as to whether or not I had heard some loud crashes last night. I told him that I hadn't, and he informed me that someone had busted a few windows in our building around 3am. When I got to my car I saw that there were mirror fragments on the ground near it. Upon further inspection I found out my driver-side mirror was shattered and there was blood spattered on the side of my van. I also found a big dent on the back hatchback and my antennae was bent. I ran and got my landlord and he checked it out too. We saw that the same thing had happened to the truck parked behind my van. I took a walk up the street and found that two other cars had been egged and one other had it's mirror smashed as well.
He suggested calling the police to file a report but also warned that it would take all day and it is so beautiful out, why not enjoy it? He wanted to watch the World Cup finals and not waste his time with local police. I agreed and hopped in the van to get a cup of coffee. On the way I called home and told my mom what happened. She was shocked that I wouldn't report the crime in the hopes of catching the vandals and making them take responsibility for their actions. *sigh* So, I called the police and filed a report. The dispatcher said that an officer would call me shortly...an hour and a half later, I recieved a call. He asked if the van would still be there in a few minutes so he could come check it out. I said it would...two hours later, he came. He suggested that I get the van washed, because of the blood bio-hazard. Gee, I kind of thought the blood looked good...of course, I was going to wash it! I had just spent my whole day waiting for YOU to get here! No Lewis and Clark Caverns today. :( So much for doing the right thing. The movie was sold out all day too.
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment