Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hitch-hikers, snowboarding, and law firms

Hair-bag. That was the name of the hitchhiker that we picked up last weekend. We were headed up to Bridger Bowl and saw a guy with snowboarding gear with his thumb up. Brooke said, "look at that guy, he's going to walk there," (15 miles) and I pulled over the car. Nice guy, prints t-shirts and has a powder day clause in his contract. Anytime it snows at least 6 inches at night he gets off that day. Neither of us had ever met anyone named Hair-bag before and if we wouldn't have picked him up I don't think we ever would have.

The locals are saying that this is one of the best early seasons for snow in quite some time. This is our second weekend snowboarding at Bridger Bowl and it is perfect for us. Brooke is getting significantly better every day. The snow is soft and we are taking advantage of this by falling head first, back first, front first, and just about every way one can imagine.

I'm working 8 until 5 Monday through Friday at small law firm in town. I'm the legal assistant for one of the partners named Buzz. He's a great boss since he likes to teach and makes sure I know what's going on. He's also a rock and roller, playing bass for his band The Buzztones. We haven't seen them yet, but I'm sure they rock.

We are excited to go back to Wisconsin for Christmas time. Happy Holidays!

No comments: