Monday, November 14, 2005

Working and Waiting

Brooke and I are both substitute teaching at the local school district. Brooke has been everything from a first grade teacher to AP Psychology at the high school. I spent three days as a middle school Home Ec. teacher. Sewing, cooking and party planning. This has been going fairly well as at least one of us has been called everyday. I am also in search of a legal assistant position with a local law firm. Later this afternoon I have a second interview with a lawyer that specializes in Construction Law. I'm following my first ever interview with my first ever second interview.

We are all moved into our wonderful, sunny apartment in the downtown area. I'm not going to include the address since anyone can read this website. We are really happy with everything and already feel at home. At times the radiators don't kick out as much heat as we would like, but one can't have it all. And that is what blankets are for anyway.

As we are far from close friends and family, I found myself the number one prospect for accompanying Brooke to the local Wedding Show this Sunday at the Hilton. It could be described as a lot of women with a few men hiding off to the side. According to Brooke, "We came away with a few good ideas, and you got a free massage." This is true. After the wedding dress fashion show, Brooke got her hair done and I received a free massage. She looked stunning. Not so bad.

It snows just about every other day and usually melts by midafternoon. It seems as though the whole city is just waiting for the ski areas to open for the winter. Many people hike up the Bridgers for a couple turns and Big Sky opened a couple runs this last sunday. Both of these events have been highlighted in the local newspaper.

No comments: