Thursday, October 20, 2005

New to the Mountains

Here we are. Shortly after entering the mountains, I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Welcome to Montana, now go home." We aren't leaving anytime soon and have found the attitude of most people to be quite friendly. Fortunately we were able to spend our first two nights with a Manito-wish friend, Mike Wolfe. The Wolfe family has been incredible to us as we moved into Mike's parents basement apartment until we could find an apartment. After much searching we found a great two bedroom, hardwood floors, downtown apartment. We'll be able to move in November 1st and end our temporary living status.

We've been staying active as Mike's girlfriend Laurel took us hiking up towards Baldy Peak and then later to the Norris Hot Springs. This hike took me from Saturday until Wednesday before I could walk normally again. I'm not used to that kind of soreness. Yesterday we went for a hike at the Spanish Creek trailhead. Getting to this spot took us about 40 minutes outside of Bozeman, through Ted Turner's land, past a herd of Bison and on a rode that brought back memories of Baja.

No comments: