Sunday, January 30, 2005

One surfboard, two wetsuits.

Since leaving the retirement valley, we made our way to the Grand Canyon and Joshua Tree. Joshua Tree was pretty amazing as it felt like we were in the middle of a flinstones episode and there were boulders as big as houses. That is a big boulder. Today we hauled it to San Diego and we are camping at San Elijo?, which is a little campground sandwiched between a highway and the pacific ocean. We went to Longboard Grotto and bought ourselves a 7'11" board, two wetsuits, a leash, and some dink fixer-uper stuff. At the board shop we ran into a couple that was doing more or less the same thing as us, but they were rockin a R.V. Maybe in the future we will be that lucky.
We will be crossing the border into Baja probably Tuesday morning. Wish us luck! Our next posting may take a few days...try not to worry about us too much.
Brooke and Jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the Grand Canyon one time, and it was so cool. Did you know that before any honkies knew that the Grand Canyon was actually the biggest canyon in the world, it was know simply as the Really, Really, Really Gapingly Large Exapansise Area Set Aside for Dumping Human Refuse? I didn't either, until I read it on the internet. Another blog site, strangely enough. Now I'm going to take a dump in Pat's shoes.
Have a good time and don't trust California antifreeze... what do they know about antifreeze?
Peas,
Joe "Joe Garvey" Garvey

Anonymous said...

Make sure you don't forget wiper fluid, I heard the bugs are pretty big down there, and I don't know if legiguen will be down there to rescue you. Just a heads up, JB